Water mill from Siołkowice Stare, 1832
It is an example of rural wooden industrial building on the area of Opole Silesia. The first source mention about the existence of the water mill in Siołkowice Stare is included in the land census record (urbarium) from 1566. Further information concerning the existence of a water mill in Siołkowice Stare is from the 18th century. The next known fact is that the mill was transferred down the river in 1832 in order to make better use of falling water. It was then probably that a brick residential building was placed next to it. Both parts were covered with a common shingle roof. The equipment of the water mill was modernised at the turn of 20th century when wooden mechanisms were replaced by iron gearwheels and factory machines. The mill was driven by a single wooden water wheel. In 19th century, the water mill of Siołkowice was inherited in the Pogrzeb family. In the interwar period, it was inherited by Paweł Boronowski. The mill ceased to be used about 1950 as a result of administrative orders and restrictions.
In the Opole Open-Air Museum of Rural Architecture, the mill was located next to the artificially created watercourse without reconstructing the brick residential part. A special, mansard roof structure was used in order to achieve a bigger attic area for storage purposes and to keep the mill equipment. Inside, all original appliances were installed, and any lacks were filled in with parts transferred from an out-of-work water mill located in the village of Bierkowice.