Church from Gręboszów, 1613
It was built by Protestants at the beginning of 17th century. A Protestant baron Cyprian Kottuliński, the owner of the village at that time, who founded a bell for the church signed with the date 1613, was its founder. The church is constructed of larch logs as log structure and it has a tower constructed as post and beam structure which was placed next to it on the western side in the later time. It is one of four wooden aisleless (single nave) churches, that is ones with a plan of the interior typical of Protestant churches – without an architecturally separated presbytery, preserved until now on the area of Opole Silesia. A sacristy and an added entrance leading to the matronea adjoin the nave wall from the northern side. In 1653 the church was taken over by the Catholics. It took place after the Thirty Years' War (1628 – 1648) was over in accordance with the rule confirmed at that time:
'Cuius regio, eius religio' ('Whose realm, his religion'). The religion of the ruler dictated the religion of the ruled. The church was renovated successively in the following years: 1816, 1854 and 1886.
After a new brick church was constructed in Gręboszów in the years 1897 – 1899, the wooden church became a cemetery chapel. It ceased to be used with time and even before
II World War it was partially ruined. During the war, the assistant curate at that time established a common room for the Catholic youth called 'Old Church' with a seat in this particular wooden church and it postponed its destruction.
At present, church equipment is composed of interior elements of both churches Catholic and Protestant ones. The church from Gręboszów, similarly to many others on the area of Silesia, went through a lot of vicissitudes, once being in Catholic hands and on other times in Protestant ones. However, it rather never happened that either the Catholics or the Protestants taking a church over, disposed of liturgical objects of the other religion. They most frequently existed next to each other, once being used by the Catholics and once by the Protestants.
The only genuine element of the interior décor transferred together with the church is a late Renaissance pulpit from the beginning of 17th century with a polychrome made with the use of patron technique.
The most important element of church equipment is the altar dedicated to St. Catherine of Alexandria which was brought to the Museum from Groszowice. The entire altar is made of wood, decorated with polychrome, gold and silver plated, there are low reliefs with scenes from the life of St. Catherine. As an inscription in Latin placed on the cornice crowning the wall says, the altar was made in 1632 by Georg Skopek, a dignitary of the Catholic church.
The 18th-century sculpture standing next to the altar depicts St. John Nepomucene, patron saint of confessors and the drowning, who as the legend says was condemned to death by drowning for refusal to betray the seal of confession. Next to the figure of the saint, there is a post of honour, a separated seating place for a 'collator', that is a guardian or a benefactor of the church.
On the wall of the west nave of the church, there are extraordinarily rarely encountered peasant epitaphs from the turn of 19th century, which come from the Protestant cemetery chapel in Ligota Górna near Kluczbork. They are all devoted to prematurely deceased children. On the church walls, there are also oil paintings and chromolithographs, among others a portrait of St. Catherine, a patron saint of the church in Gręboszów, as well as a 19th-century Way of the Cross.
In the sacristy, there is a cupboard for objects used for liturgical purposes and a wardrobe. They are both decorated with a painted floral pattern.
The church is surrounded by a wooden fence with the main gate located opposite the entrance to the tower, as well as a side gate opposite the side entrance. Around the temple, tombs are located which present former types of headstones occurring on village cemeteries of Opole Silesia. The tombs are planted round by periwinkle and ivy. Near the tombs, there are antique cast iron fences with various types of cast iron crosses, replicas of different old wooden crosses, as well as original headstones from the Protestant cemetery in Ligota Dolna.